Herzlich willkommen

Herzlich willkommen auf der Unimog-Community-Website. Seit 1999 treffen sich hier die Mercedes-Benz Unimog- und MBtrac-Enthusiasten zum Meinungsaustausch und Fachsimpeln.

Hier werden Fragen zur Technik und zur Restauration des Unimog gestellt.

Moderator: stephan

I'd been trying to find a set of mirror arms for my 411 Frogeye, but came up empty. I found a thread on here with dimensions, and I found a vendor that was selling them, but they were out of stock. I finally decided to order some material and try to make my own. I used 10mm x 1mm 4140 steel tubing.

In my research, I discovered that apparently no two frogeyes have the same mirror arms! Even in official Mercedes pictures there are a few different styles. There were two distinct styles that seemed "correct" - one that is straight with two rods, and other with a 150° kink about 70mm from the end, with two rods. I built a jig and mocked up one like that, but I think I mis-interpreted the dimensions, as it didn't place the mirror very far away from the cab. I built a new jig for the "straight" style and I think it will work better. Since I didn't have dimensions handy, I just eyeballed it based on pictures. After much experimentation and wasting of material, I ended up with one good arm and a lot of scrap pieces. I also had to buy some 12mmx2mm tubing to make a new mount on the driver's side, as mine had been cut off at some point.

I am going to order some more material so I can make a better pair of them. I also plan to braze in the seam where the mounting hole is, to give it a bit more strength in that area.

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
404 fire kipper

Hey Andrey, Good to read 👍 But a 404 is not a slo[…]

Ihr seit aber schnell, :D Das Getriebe ist noch[…]

Hallo zusammen, ich hab's jetzt doch getan und mi[…]

Druckluftverlust

Hallo Zsolt, Nein selbst mit neuen RBZ hat man die[…]