Herzlich willkommen

Herzlich willkommen auf der Unimog-Community-Website. Seit 1999 treffen sich hier die Mercedes-Benz Unimog- und MBtrac-Enthusiasten zum Meinungsaustausch und Fachsimpeln.

Der Mogler steht im Vordergrund: Unimogtreffen, Ausfahrten, Berichte, TV-Tipps, Unimog-Witze.
Hi all,

I\'m very nice to meet a so big comunity about Mog.

I apologize but I don\'t speak German at all (and my English is not very good) therefore the navigation of this web-site is diffivult for me (I hope I\'ve guess the right area for my post!!!).

I\'m a new 411.118 owner, and I\'m enthusiastic about my little frog!

He is a 1964 model and I don\'t know anythings else about him...

I\'ve buied him because I\'m an offroader and the Mog has always make me curious.

so...

I know that probably I\'m not a restorer, because I don\'t follow the original as good as possible, but... I need to use the Mog on the forest to help other veichles and I need to built a roll-bar.

I will have also need, probably, of a more powerful motor.

I know that some of you will insult me for my ideas of transformation on the 411, but I must adapt to that it serves to me...

My questions are:
1) exists an other motor that mount easy on the Mog and does not give problems of reliability with the transmission?

2)I\'ve some problem whit the diff lock... The pump on the cabin is good, but probably there is a loss of oil in the grafts, for which the circuit it does not enter in pressure and the locks... doesn\'t lock!!! Anyone in you have a \"picture of the inside of the axles\" (I don\'t know the right term!!!)?

I want to thanks anyone can help me...

For the other questions... at the futur time!!!

BYE BYE...

Anton.

(An Italian 22 years old passioneted of Mog and MB g-Class (I own a 300GD \'84))
Hello Anton, nice to have you here.

My english is not the best, too.
To diskuss technical details I propose you to contact
the user teseo and ask him to help you to translate your problems.
He is italien and his german is as good as mine.

His e-mail is
teseo@utanet.at

I think this will be the fastest way.

Thorsten
Hello Anton,

I think we don’t have a language problem to help you. In my case I was stationed by the army in Fort Bliss, Texas for 4 years. So, it could be that I understand you a little bit.
Please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help you.

Regards

Oliver
Hi Anton,

fiorst of all welcome to the forum. Although you will not be able to profit as much as others from the enormous wealth of information which the members have been building up, I do hope that a couple will give you a hand.

I for my part cannot really help with technical issues.

As to a 411 being used for fun, check this out. This guy has, amongst others a 411 which he uses for trails. Here is a sample of what could happen !

http://www.billcaid.com/StupidMogTricks/

Somewhere between the other photos on the site you will find the 411 in more normal \"action\".

Additionally, I would reccomend that you get yourself a copy of:

Istruzioni per l\'uso Unimog 411

Edizione 11.1962
80 pages, DIN A 5

Sono vietati la ristampa, la riproduzione oppure la tradizione, anche parziale.

Prima di mettere in servizio L\'Unimog, leggete attentamente le seguenti istruzioni d\'uso.

Il presente libretto contiene un breve riassunto delle nostre esperienze e vi fornisce dei consigli utili per il buon esercizio del veicolo. La cosciente lettura e l\'osservanza di quanto qui detto evita disturbi nel funzionamento.

Tipo 411 con motore quattro cilindri a ciclo Diesel OM 636/VI-U 32CV
UKD 30 406 51 02
Preis: EUR 12.50

You can buy it from:

http://www.buchundbild.de

but I don\'t know if they will ship to Italy.

Best regards,
Hello Anton, Welcome to the crasy guys who play with old iron!

Now your questions:
there is no stronger engine than the mercedes OM636 witch easyly fits to the 411. The max in 411 was 34hp but there is a Version from old cargo lifters with about 43 hp. Every other engine in the 411 is more or less work to adapt!
the gearbox is the same as in the Unimog 404. the 404 has +80hp. The axles are the same as in the 421, there +50hp. so no problems expectet with a stronger engine. if you want to go faster, not only more powerful, you have to think about the brakes.

As i understand it you have the oil-shifted difflock on the axles? it is very rare. I can\'t help you with that, I only know the airshiftet difflock

what is a Roll-Bar? is it the thing you need when the mog turns arount so that you do not get a head-knock? for the softtop-411 there is an original one.

perhaps you can go to the technical forum here instead of the community forum. There are more 411 cracks.

So, make your own way until the 411 fits to you and let us participate in your experiences.
Druckluftverlust

Hallo Zolt,ich sehe es wie Jochen. Ich würde […]

Heizungsaanschlüsse OM 352

Hallo Andreas Wenn die Heizug nicht gebraucht wird[…]

404 fire kipper

Hey Andrey, Good to read 👍 But a 404 is not a slo[…]

Ihr seit aber schnell, :D Das Getriebe ist noch[…]