Herzlich willkommen

Herzlich willkommen auf der Unimog-Community-Website. Seit 1999 treffen sich hier die Mercedes-Benz Unimog- und MBtrac-Enthusiasten zum Meinungsaustausch und Fachsimpeln.

Hier werden Fragen zur Technik und zur Restauration des Unimog gestellt.

Moderator: stephan

Hello from Perth Western Australia.
I have collected a 401.101 that was used on a German Pallottine Aboriginal Mission in the North of Western Australia in the 1950's+ . It was rescued in 1982 by the person I purchased it from.
It is missing a lot of parts (was obviously used as a parts source for whatever they needed) and the radiator cross member has been cut out with an oxygen-acetylene torch.
I have no German language skills, but google translate helps a lot.
Initially I need:
knowledge- I know nothing about these
measurements of everything, chassis, body, etc.
detailed photos of everything

If someone has an online photo gallery of the same model dissassembled in detail they could share a link with me would be great.
hoping this community can help in what will be a long term project. I plan to start disassembly, rebuilding in 2020 and am using this time to seek out what knowledge I can.

I believe it may be the only surviving 401 in Australia.

Thanking You
Frank Thomas
Dateianhänge:
IMG_20190404_142528898 cropped resized.jpg
IMG_20190404_142528898 cropped resized.jpg (46.91 KiB) 601 mal betrachtet
Welcome to this community... :wink:

Your Unimog have an very intressting history ... :shock:

I´ve never heard about this Misson ..:

http://missionaries.griffith.edu.au/mis ... -1931-1980

Do you try to get pictures from the Past from this Unimog?

We hope for many pictures .... :D

Best regards Olli
Hello Frank,
I suggest you to look for a spare-parts catalogue paper-works of the 401. You could ask here for an old original one, search in the www or by e reprint at www.buchundbild.de, the official old - Unimog - literatur - dealer. The booklet there costs 45€. This gives you an entire overview what is missing, what the parts look like and shows its part - numbers. So you can list your missing items and start searching systematicly, e.g. here in this forum.
Good luck
Christoph

Hallo Florian, zu Deinen Fragen: Der große D[…]

suche 401-411 Frosch

guten Morgen, die Suche ist aktuell u wird erweit[…]

Hallo Klaus, die Kühlwassermuffe gibt es z.B[…]

Zapfwellengetrieb U1000

Hallo Raphael, da geht nix kaputt. Du musst die […]