Herzlich willkommen

Herzlich willkommen auf der Unimog-Community-Website. Seit 1999 treffen sich hier die Mercedes-Benz Unimog- und MBtrac-Enthusiasten zum Meinungsaustausch und Fachsimpeln.

Neues Forum für die Unimog- und Reise-Freunde weltweit.
I am registering a 404.1 in California and need some authoritative proof (such as a letter from a Unimog club) of the baujahr. My VIN is 404115042174. Does anyone know of a book or a club list with the Unimog Vehicle Identification Numbers and build years?

I have the original German registration document but the California Dept. of Motor Vehicles is being difficult.... sigh...

thanks,

Ed Kozel
Hello,

having the original german registration doc there might be a field: "Tag der Erstzulassung" or " Tag der 1. Zulassung", This might be the date of the first registration we are using in Gemany.

Be aware, that we use an other format to write dates. 01.02.63 means the February, 1st 1963.

Having an original Unimog you also should be able to have a look onto the small metal sign beeing above the Air-Filter. There should also be a date, this might be the date of manufacturing.
I meat the sign with Mercedes Benz in the header, dont have a look onto small metal squares which only have month/date marks. This are some details of army-part of live.

Regards

Michael

Hallo Florian, zu Deinen Fragen: Der große D[…]

suche 401-411 Frosch

guten Morgen, die Suche ist aktuell u wird erweit[…]

Hallo Klaus, die Kühlwassermuffe gibt es z.B[…]

Zapfwellengetrieb U1000

Hallo Raphael, da geht nix kaputt. Du musst die […]